With a clear focus on Targeting and Positioning, BrandPRO is designed to fit 3 hours sessions. In this serious business game, participants have to develop sound strategies for their two brands over 5 simulated years, and get ahead of two virtual but fierce competitors.
Totally web-based and paperless, BrandPRO is very intuitive and straightforward to implement.
Built on extensive experience with our strategic marketing simulation, Markstrat, BrandPRO will energize your program and generate excitement among your participants. It’s a perfect fit to introduce brand strategy into core marketing and brand strategy training courses.
Participants are in charge of marketing two brands in the BrandPRO world. Their objective is to maximize the value of their company represented by its Share Price Index (SPI).
Over the course of 5 simulated years, they will have to make:
- Targeting decisions: Decide which customer segments to target and allocate resources accordingly.
- Product decisions: Influence brand positioning through research & development
- Pricing decisions: Influence brand positioning through pricing
- Positioning decisions: Influence brand positioning through communication (and perceptual objectives).
The competition will be fierce and teams will have to monitor competitive actions and anticipate their next moves.
Exploiting market research studies effectively will be key to be successful.
- 3 hours of decision making; participants run through the 5 simulated years at their own pace
- User Guide for students available online for pre-reading
- Introduction in class not mandatory but slides are available for instructors
- Debriefing may be done by combining available debriefing tools and asking selected teams to present their strategies
BrandPRO is very flexible.
Depending on your program length and objectives, BrandPRO may be used:
- In class, from a 3 hours session up to one day with lectures, readings, cases
- In class or as an assignment between two classes
- Onsite or for distance learning
- In teams (recommended) or individually
The StratX Simulations team is available to help you best design your BrandPRO program.
Team against Computer
“I have used BrandPro in both my MBA Marketing Class and in my Executive Education Programs with senior managers. Participants were very enthusiastic in taking on the role of a marketing manager and competing against other firms in a simulated market environment.
I found the use of BrandPro in my MBA and executive education sessions very rewarding. The context of the simulation is easy to understand which allows participants to get up to speed fast and focus on the content of and learning outcomes provided by the simulation. I particularly appreciated the compact format of BrandPro which allows the instructor to blend the simulation with other pedagogical tools in a Marketing class to ensure a best possible learning outcome for the participants.
The simulation works smoothly and is extremely user-friendly both from a participant’s and an instructor’s perspective. Brandpro was extremely well appreciated by the participants both in the MBA classes and in my executive education sessions. The competitive spirit among teams and learning of segmentation, targeting and positioning are all well achieved, much like in a longer simulation. A great addition to the family of StratX simulations products.”
Wolfgang ULAGA, Professor B2B Marketing and Strategy at IMD, Switzerland